3/31/08

Long Time:

Apparently my muse has been spending some sick leave lately. Every-time I sit down to write anything, I find myself drawing a complete blank. Liwanu has been doing awesome. His aggression has tapered off and I can walk him without the muzzle. Aello is still a royal pain in my rump so I guess it's all going to even out.

The issue of Liwanu's aggression leads me to a very serious matter. Guys (and Girls) it is NOT an intelligent idea to get a dog for 'protection' purposes. If you want to protect your house, storage or yard it is a much better idea to get an alarm system. Dogs who are not trained correctly are a huge liability risk and the intruder they are supposed to protect you against CAN and WILL sue you and many times they will win if your dog bites them (yes, even if they are in your bedroom with a gun to your head) and you lack the necessary notices. Many dogs who are gotten to serve as 'watch' dogs or 'protection' dogs end up dead, abandoned and tortured because they do not have the necessary drives to fill the role they are supposed to (according to the owner).

People, if you really need a dog for Personal or Home Protection, seek a trained dog from a professional. Make sure that you have the proper insurance, notices and be forewarned, there are insurance companies that discriminate not only by breed but by the dog's role in your life. NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ATTEMPT TO TRAIN YOUR OWN DOG WITHOUT THE HELP OF AN EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONAL!!!! (in this area at least.)

No comments: