4/27/08

Another pending change


The top is Liwanu as a very young puppy. The bottom is Liwanu posed to the right (viewer's right) of his father, Damien.


Well, my boss/landlord "forgot" to pay the cable/internet bill for 3 MONTHS! so we lost the internet a week or two ago. Unable to get anything done I spent my days watching the fuzzy idiocy called TV and playing with the dogs.

Liwanu- Has begun showing less aggression towards strangers. Off-leash he's great but still needs people-work while on-leash. He's matured out a bit more and I'm actually thinking about finally getting his 'big-boy' collar and name tag. It really does seem like just the other day he was a tiny fluff ball. Now he's a huge cloddhopping beast.

Aello- Is still an energetic fluff ball although she's began to fill out into a more mature size. It's amazing how far she's come. When I got her she was an 8 lb little black thing with tiny little cut ears, now she's a 31lb black thing with cute bat ears. She's muscled and tall with a bit of brindling on her legs, face and chest.

It's amazing how fast they mature and grow. Their change from fluffy puppy to sleek adult truly brings home how quickly time goes by and that we should cherish them as long as we can. On a less sentimental note, I may be moving us out of here soon. I have to find out the rules and regulations for the two trailer parks and how much they'll work with me on rent/sec. deposit and then I'll know for sure. Hopefully I can pull this off. The good thing would be that the dogs and I would be safe and happier out there because I wouldn't have to deal with my boss other than for work related things. The downside is that I can't bring them on the bus with me so during the day they'd have to be crated for their safety.

I hate the idea of not being able to play with them all day every day but I've got to put their welfare ahead of my own selfish desires. If I can pull this off they will no longer be at the mercy of my boss's husband or broiling from my boss's unwillingness to get AC units. Liwanu is very sensitive to heat because he has a thick undercoat and Aello is black so heat is not a great thing for them to be exposed to.

No comments: